Five junior-enlisted soldiers stationed in Fort Polk, Louisiana, were arrested this week, facing rape charges, Military.com confirmed with Army officials Friday.
The soldiers, all infantryman with the 10th Mountain Division’s 3rd Brigade Combat Team, are accused of being involved in the drugging and raping of two women on Nov. 24.
“The Vernon Parish Sheriff’s office is conducting an on-going investigation regarding the circumstances,” a Fort Polk spokesperson told Military.com in a statement. “The U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division is providing support. The Joint Readiness Training Center and Fort Polk leadership continue to work closely with law enforcement officials.”
Read Next: Army Quashed Deal with ‘Call of Duty’ After Video Game’s Publisher Faced Harassment Scandals
Police say one of the two women attacked was “acquainted” with one of the soldiers who showed up to her Rosepine, Louisiana, home just outside of Fort Polk. That woman told authorities the soldier showed up with the other four soldiers the two women didn’t know.
Both women said they felt unwell quickly after drinking with the soldiers and felt exaggerated impacts of intoxication and suspected their drinks were spiked, according to a statement from local authorities. Police say once the women were “incapacitated,” each soldier “engaged in non-consensual sexual contact” with both victims.
Law enforcement added that forensic testing on the victims showed injuries consistent with sexual assault.
The arrests have not appeared on any public-facing law enforcement databases, and therefore information on lawyers for the accused was not immediately available. As such, Military.com was unable to request comment from any representatives for the accused before publication.
The following soldiers are facing charges and are being held at the Vernon Parish Sheriff’s Office jail. Bond has not yet been set, according to Army officials.
- Spc. Johnpaul Bianzon, 29, was charged with one count of criminal conspiracy and one count of first-degree rape.
- Pfc. Franzrobert Camentil, 20, was charged with one count of criminal conspiracy and one count of first-degree rape.
- Spc. Cyrusmoises Labial, 24, was charged with two counts of criminal conspiracy and two counts of first-degree rape.
- Pfc. Ajjashery Flores, 24, was charged with two counts of criminal conspiracy and two counts of first-degree rape.
- Pfc. Frinzdeivhid Ramit, 19, was charged with two counts of criminal conspiracy and two counts of first-degree rape.
— Steve Beynon can be reached at Steve.Beynon@military.com. Follow him on Twitter @StevenBeynon.
Related: Sexual Assaults in Military Continue to Rise, but Major Legal Reform Won’t Take Effect for Years
Show Full Article
© Copyright 2022 Military.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.